The Masters House re-opened in 2015 and includes the town Library. Find out more at the website of the Friends of the Masters House
This is some of the background work done by LADT:
Trust early work reaps reward
This was our early work which has now helped the Master’s House which has opened as the Library and Council Offices. As shown below the Trust was instrumental in getting the opinions of Ledbury people to have this historic building brought back into public use.
2.92m funding approved
Herefordshire Council has approved £2.92m of funding for the Master’s House project including a new library for Ledbury.
A Business Plan – prepared by the Trust and delivered to Herefordshire Council in October 2007 – was based on the views of:
- 500 who completed a Survey in June
- 250 people from Ledbury who attended Open Days in May and June 2007
- 150 who attended a feedback Session on 2 October 2007 in Ledbury
Cllr Blackshaw, Herefordshire Council’s Cabinet Member of Economic Development and Community Services said “we have certainly received a clear message from people in Ledbury that the Masters House should be used as an asset for the town and brought back into full use.”
A local Ledbury Action Group, and Friends of the Master’s House Group has been set up.
Sometimes the best things are hidden from view…but look up, beyond the false ceiling and suddenly the splendour of the mediaeval timber-framed Master’s House, a building dating from 1487, is revealed.
All photos reproduced by kind permission of Nick Joyce Architects LLP; Copyright Nick Joyce Architects LLP.